Early Childhood Education
At St. Francis Children’s Center, our philosophy is: all children can learn if we can learn how to teach them. We welcome children of all abilities, ages birth to kindergarten, into our fully inclusive classrooms.
Why St. Francis Children’s Center?
- Lead teachers for Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classrooms have degrees in early childhood education with special education certification.
- Teachers and support staff develop curricula to meet the individual needs of your child and maximize his or her early brain development through play-based learning.
- St. Francis Children’s Center is accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs. As an accredited center, St. Francis Children’s Center has been recognized as an early care and education program exemplifying excellence in the care of young children. YoungStar, Wisconsin’s independent child care and quality rating system, has consistently given St. Francis Children’s Center the highest rating possible, five stars.
- We offer nurturing year-round, full-day programs weekdays from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Part-time care options are available in some classrooms.
- To ensure we are unlocking the learning potential of each child, all teachers participate in continuing education, have one-on-one consultation time with our on-site child psychologist and meet in teams to share ideas and teaching strategies.
- When children complete our kindergarten program, they are prepared for success in public or private schools. We test their progress and the effectiveness of our program through ongoing assessments, parent surveys, and feedback from the students’ new schools.
- Competitive rates
- A full gym, so children can work at least 60 minutes of active play into each day, rain or shine
- Indoor play spaces with ball pits, a slide, a tropical aquarium and other fun features specially designed to engage the senses
- Beautiful outdoor play areas with playground equipment, open spaces and garden plots where children grow strawberries and vegetables to share with their friends
- Well equipped, bright classrooms
- Healthy breakfast, hot lunch, and snacks served family-style in each classroom
- For extended care, children stay in the same classroom with the same teachers and support staff for the entire day
- We accept W2