Early Childhood Education
SFCC’s Early Childhood Education Program
St. Francis Children’s Center’s Early Childhood Education Program serves children, with and without special needs, from six weeks through Kindergarten. The ECE offers nurturing year-round, full-day programs. Part-time care options are available in some classrooms. All ECE Classrooms are fully-inclusive to ensure that children of all backgrounds and abilities can grow, play and learn together.
ECE Teachers and support staff develop curricula to meet the individual needs of children and maximize their early brain development through play-based learning. When children complete our kindergarten program, they are prepared for success in public or private schools. We test their progress and the effectiveness of our program through ongoing assessments, parent surveys, and feedback from the students’ new schools.
Why Families Love our ECE Center:
- St. Francis Children’s Center is accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs. As an accredited center, St. Francis Children’s Center has been recognized as an early care and education program exemplifying excellence in the care of young children.
- YoungStar, Wisconsin’s independent child care and quality rating system, has consistently given St. Francis Children’s Center the highest rating possible: FIVE STARS!
- Lead teachers for Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classrooms have degrees in early childhood education with special education certification.
- To ensure we are unlocking the learning potential of each child, all teachers participate in continuing education, have one-on-one consultation time with our on-site child psychologist and meet in teams to share ideas and teaching strategies.
All children can learn if we can learn how to teach them
At St. Francis Children’s Center, our philosophy is: all children can learn if we can learn how to teach them. We welcome children of all abilities, ages birth to kindergarten, into our fully inclusive classrooms. That means that children who have special needs and those who are typically developing are learning and playing side-by-side, guided by loving, highly credentialed teachers and assistants.
When you enter our Center, you will immediately feel the care and thought that we pour into our Early Childhood Education Program. From colorful wall murals – to sensory play areas – to well-equipped classrooms, everything has been designed with your child in mind! However, it is the enriching lessons, individualized attention, and hands-on learning that takes place in our classrooms that will really make you proud to be an SFCC family. When you experience our classrooms, you will quickly notice children who are engaged, confident, and eagerly exploring the classroom spaces around them.
Other Special Features:
- Competitive rates
- A full gym, so children can work at least 60 minutes of active play into each day, rain or shine
- Indoor play spaces with ball pits, a slide, a tropical aquarium and other fun features specially designed to engage the senses
- Beautiful outdoor play areas with universally-accessible playground equipment, open spaces and gardens where children grow strawberries and vegetables to share with their friends
- Well equipped, bright classrooms that encourage exploration and independence
- Breakfast, hot lunch, and snacks served in each classroom
- We accept W2
Ready to enroll your child?
Fill out our Enrollment Inquiry form. Please contact our Education Coordinator, Megan Milan, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions or help.