About the Program
St. Francis Children's Center's Early Childhood Education Program serves children from infancy through 5 year old Kindergarten. Our classrooms are fully inclusive, which means typically developing children and children who have special needs grow, learn and play together .We provide individualized care, education and intervention to ensure a nurturing environment for all children, preparing them socially, emotionally and academically for their next school experience.
St. Francis Children’s Center is committed to inclusive programs where typically developing children and children who have special needs learn and play together. Children with disabilities benefit greatly from exposure to typically developing children who act as role models in all areas of development. Because of specially trained teachers and individualized attention, typically developing children also benefit academically and socially from inclusive classrooms. The most wonderful benefit, however, is the understanding and acceptance of differences that grows through inclusion. Our skilled, caring staff are experts in facilitating interactions that lead to this understanding and acceptance.
Other benefits of inclusive education include:
- Increased social initiations, relationships and networks for children with special needs.
- Meaningful friendships for all children.
- Greater access to general curriculum for children with special needs.
- Preparation for all students for adult life in an inclusive society.
- Increased parent participation and integration into the community for parents of children with special needs.
Whether your child is currently enrolled at St. Francis Children's Center or your family is considering enrollment, you can explore more about our Early Childhood Education Program in the "Current Families" and "Enrollment Information" tabs above!
For further program information, contact Laura Kosteretz at (414) 351-8851 ext. 233.
This Program Offers:
- Nurturing year-round, full day programs weekdays from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Part-time care options in some programs
- Inclusive classrooms that welcome children from all backgrounds and abilities
- Play-based education that promotes growth in all areas of development
- Early Childhood licensed teachers and certified teaching assistants
- Competitive rates, which include breakfast, hot lunch and snacks daily
- Well-equipped, large, colorful classrooms
- Full-size gymnasium
- Two indoor playgrounds and fenced outdoor playgrounds
What are families are saying...
“We love the staff at St. Francis Children’s Center. Everyone is genuinely concerned about the growth and well-being of each individual child. I am amazed at how much my child learns in one week.”
“The attention teachers give each child and family. They truly make us feel special. I also feel each of my children’s teachers know them well. It’s nice to be able to drop off your children for 8 hours and know they are in the best hands.”
“I am so thankful for the care my daughter receives at St. Francis Children’s Center. The staff and teachers are absolutely fantastic. From day one, I felt like I was leaving my child in safe arms – with people who care for her well being and her development. My daughter smiles as soon as she realizes we’ve arrived at St. Francis each morning. The teachers are patient, kind and tremendous resources for me as a new parent. I only have praise for all the St. Francis Children’s Center does for children and families overall.”
St. Francis Children's Center is accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs. As an Accredited center, St. Francis Children's Center has been recognized as an early care and education program exemplifying excellence in the care of young children. St. Francis Children's Center has also been rated a five-star YoungStar rated Early Childhood Education and Child Care program.